Listing on eBay can be a very time-consuming side hustle and when your item doesn't sell, can lead you wondering what to do next. Donating your items to a charity shop is a good idea, but there are other things you can do to release some cash from those unwanted items.
Here are 6 alternative ideas:
- Relist your item. You can try amending the title to make it sound more catchy, add a more detailed description (such as measurements), change the format of the listing (from auction to Buy It Now or vice versa) or list it at a different time of day and amending your price.
- Take new photographs or add extra ones to your listing. Sometimes, taking pictures in better lighting and making sure they're in focus can really make it seem more appealing to the buyer.
- Try selling your item somewhere else online. There's Facebook selling pages, Depop, Amazon Marketplace, Zapper, Ziffit, Music Magpie and Gumtree, to name a few. Facebook items are particularly good for items that would cost a lot of postage so definitely worth considering them!
- Look for a local auction house to sell your items – this is great for bigger items like job lots, large furniture items and antiques. They're all well sought after
- Take your items to sell at a car boot sale.
- If your item is rare or potentially valuable, find a local dealer who may be interested in purchasing it from you or quoting a price on what it's worth
What do you do when your eBay items don't sell? Do you do any of the above alternatives? How do you find them?