MindSwarms is an app that rewards you for taking part in short video studies which can be done on a computer or smartphone. These answers go towards market research and help to shape new products or services that are coming to the market. The pay is normally around $50 per survey, so it is worth applying for all the surveys you may be eligible for although it may be a while before you're accepted to an assignment.
How to get started:
- Sign up for Mindswarms using your computer/laptop or the iOS and Android app.
- Record a profile video and answer a few questions about yourself (for demographic knowledge)
- Apply for relevant surveys – you will only be shown surveys that you are eligible to apply for based on your age, gender, location and more. This involves answering a few questions and takes less than a minute.
- Check your emails to see whether you've been successful or not (they'll tell you either way)
- Once approved, film yourself answering the questions which probably takes less than 10 minutes.
- Payment is rewarded through Paypal within 24 hours after completing a survey. Payment is typically $50, but can be more
- Be truthful – these questions are subjective, meaning that there's no right or wrong answer they just want your honest thoughts
- Good lighting – move around so your surroundings aren't too dark or too bright.
- Ensure that your face is fully in shot whilst filming.
- Apply for surveys as soon as they become available because they get snatched quickly!
Although MindSwarms is web based originally, the iOS app is also really easy to use. Although qualifying for a survey can take months, the high payout for such a small task is worth it. Surveys take normally under 10 minutes and for this you will receive $50 or even more paid into your PayPal within 24 hours. This one is definitely one to log into on a somewhat regular basis (every week or so) to apply for any surveys.